BTD Associés intervenes in property law mainly with property owners, property management companies and asset managers, in consultancy and litigation.
We also provide advice on litigation issues to our commercial business clients within the context of their rental relations as well as to notaries and estate agents.
The firm assists its clients within the context of property transactions concerning property for residential use or offices and business premises.
In this capacity, we handle the drafting of preparatory deeds (pledges or sales agreements) and related issues such as those concerning the security deposit or right of withdrawal.
Our expertise also covers aspects relating to litigation: liability actions against the seller (hidden defects, price reduction actions, activation of guarantees), as well as issues specific to estate agents (legal fees, exclusivity, penalty clause, …) and to notarial liability.
The firm also represents purchasers during court-ordered public auctions.
Commercial and professional property
BTD Associés assists property owners and commercial companies within the context of their rental relations (commercial leases, short-term leases and subletting contracts).
Our firm advises you in this capacity on the following subjects:
- Conclusion and negotiation of commercial and short-term leases;
- Renewal of leases: notices, requests for renewal, conclusion of amendments;
- Renewal litigation and notably setting of the rent price in the court of commercial rents;
- Collection of rents, notice to pay, action in acquisition of termination clause, legal termination and expulsion under penalty;
- Leasehold right transfers (concomitant or not with a transfer of business assets): promise to sell, monitoring the lifting of suspensory conditions, completion of the transfer;
- Regulatory aspects: fire safety measures, property assessments, etc.;
- Implementation of mortgages and registrations as a safeguard measure.
We also intervene in issues related to the impact of insolvency procedures (safeguarding, receivership or compulsory liquidation) on landlords and tenants: declarations of debt, continuation of the lease contract, collateral, etc.
We advise our clients, property managers and property owners on all issues related to their rental relations, in particular on the following issues:
- Negotiation and conclusion of leases, deposit commitments;
- Renewal of leases;
- Collection of rents, termination of the lease (by judicial means or through implementation of the termination clause), expulsion under penalty;
- Notice due to sale or recovery or for due cause.
See all our areas of intervention